Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Apologies for the late posts, had a nasty cold for about a week there and the rest of the time was spent finalizing ConsoleBox.

Alright, not all of that is true.  SOME time was spent on ConsoleBox, but let us not forget we were just through the hurricane that is the summer Steam Sale, so that was where any free time was spent (and I finally got into a pool for the first time this summer).  I picked up some nice goodies including Dust:An Elysian Tail, Fez and the new Tomb Raider.

Anyhoo, some housekeeping items are finally being resolved.  There were a few issues with Dolphin (Gamecube and Wii emulator), one of them being a ~90% crash on startup that for the life of me I could not fix.  Error logs brought me to something with DirectX, but after trying everything under the sun relating to DX I could not fix the problem.  How I finally resolved it was by using the 32 bit version!  I am filing this one under don't know, don't care, so fuck it.

There was also an issue getting the Gamecube controllers C sticks to properly center.  After playing with the GCPad dialog box in Dolphin I found an unnamed feature where clicking the image of the analog sticks brings up more configuration options. Pure luck, and that was fixed.

The main thing that is being an asshole to me currently is Xebra (PSX Emulator) and configuring it to work with analog sticks.  This may be left as digital only for the time being, as I either wait for more information to surface or a new version.

Doing some final testing tonight, if the fates are kind and I finish I'll put up a video of it in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment